Find more resources relating to Health financing
Research overview: ReBUILD’s original research project in this area focused on post-conflict access and equity for the poor – how people have been paying for health care over their lifetimes and the effects of external events and of health sector policies on the level and nature of payments, and the effects those payments have had on their household economies.
Another research project - Rebuilding the foundations for universal health coverage with equity in Zimbabwe built on a wider body of work by ReBUILD’s affiliate partner TARSC, with the MoHCC and national and international partners, working to strengthened stakeholder mechanisms to analyse and review Zimbabwe’s performance on equity in health, and to guide processes towards equity in universal health coverage within a comprehensive policy framework on health financing.
An additional stream of research examined contracting models in Cambodia and how contracting arrangements have changed, identifying the drivers of changes, actors involved, the processes for realisation of the change and the implications for service coverage and equity in Cambodia.
During ReBUILD’s extension phase, a major new body of research has explored Performance based financing (PBF) in fragile and conflict-affected settings, and how contextual factors influence adoption, adaption, implementation and integration of PBF, and how PBF programmes could be improved and ultimately strengthen health systems in FCAS.
An extension phase project also looked at the Demographic and distributional impacts of conflicts and implications for health systems. Building on the phase 1 research on health financing, this project explored the implications of conflict-related demographic change for health financing and social protection policies intended to ensure access to healthcare without impoverishing effects.
Core research outputs:
- View and download a comprehensive list of all resources from ReBUILD’s work on health financing in conflict-affected and post-conflict settings.
- Outputs from the performance-based financing project (A filtered list of project-related outputs on the ReBUILD website).
- Outputs from the work on contracting models in Cambodia. (A filtered list of project-related outputs on the ReBUILD website)
- The main findings and proposals from ReBUILD's work on financing for UHC in Zimbabwe are summarised in a policy brief Evidence and proposals for advancing equity and universal coverage of health services in Zimbabwe.
- See also an overview brief: Health financing policy in conflict affected settings: lessons from ReBUILD research, based on ReBUILD’s phase 1 research.